Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's a...

GIRL!!!


We had our ultrasound yesterday and found out that we indeed have a healthy baby girl. I had a feeling that the baby was a she, but I still felt very shocked when the doctor confirmed my suspicions. We feel so blessed to have the opportunity to parent both a boy and a girl. I had a few panic moments yesterday as I thought about raising a girl and the responsibility that would be, but after sleeping on it last night, I woke up almost giddy with excitement. I can't wait for the adorable girl clothes and accessories, and more importantly, the unique relationship that I hope to have with my daughter some day. I know that just like raising a boy to become a man of God, raising a daughter in the Lord will be equally challenging. Thank goodness we don't have to do it alone. Now it's time to ask the Lord for her name and get ready!


I will post ultrasound pics soon, although they aren't the best quality.





11 comments:

Jamie said...

I am sooo happy for you guys!

Davenports said...

congrats, friends! so so so happy that you'll get to experience the blessings and challenges of raising both a little man and a little lady...i here ya on the moments of panic, as the mere thought of having a girl makes me break out in a sweat. but i know that you'll be an awesome girl mama...what a lucky little girl!
merry christmas you three...er, four! :)
xoxo
sarah

CoachZ said...

Congratulation you guys!! What a blessing... you are going to have so much fun!! :)

I love you family portrait! :)

Linda Z said...

Ooppsss... that was actually me leaving the comment! Although I'm sure my hubby shares the same sentiments!

Rob, Kelly, Bennett, and Elodie said...

Yay for baby girl Soderin! I can't wait to meet her. You will dress her up so cute...dang, I wish she could be older than Elodie, and I could steal some hand-me-downs ;)!

Seriously, you both will be outstanding parents of this little girl.

Oh man, a little Drea on the way...I wonder what your Mom is thinking (hee hee)!!

The Schmidts said...

Yay, welcome to the girl club! -Rhiannon

Eli, Mandy & Ava Stewart said...

yeah, we're so excited for you guys. Hope you've had a good Christmas!

Dave, Kristal and Wes said...

you knew it! how fun, Noah will be a great big bro. Here comes pink!

Jenny Schlenker said...

Let's see some belly pictures!

Lyonslove said...

Yeah for girls!! How exciting! We are 5 weeks away from having Peyton Elizabeth. Do you guys have a name yet?

Excellent Parent said...

THATS SO COOL!!! wonderful!!